How to Make This Recipe
- 600 g Plain flour
- 80 g Icing sugar
- 300 g Butter, chilled and chopped into pieces
- 120 g Orange Marmalade
- 60 g Dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 100 g Raisins, finely chopped
- 100 g Mixed berries, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Mixed spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, allspice)
- 1/2 cup Mother's maid apple filling (or any other filling of your choice)
- 2 tbsp Brandy
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 5 tbsp Water
- To sprinkle Icing sugar
Mix the brown sugar, brandy, apple, raisins, berries, cherries, marmalade and mixed spice in a bowl. Transfer to a jar, cover and refridgerate for at least 2 days, stirring occasionally.
For the pastry, rub the flour, icing sugar and butter with your fingertips till you get a mixture that resembles fine breadcrumbs. Knead on a lightly floured surface till the mixture holds together. Divide the dough into two; wrap individually in clingfilm and place in the fridge to chill for an hour.
Roll out a ball of dough on a floured surface until about 3mm thick. Use a round cookie cutter to cut circles of the pastry (make sure they're slightly bigger than your tart moulds). Do the same with the second ball of pastry, using a star-shaped cutter. Line each mould with the pastry discs. Spoon a dollop of the fruit mince into each tart. Cover each tart with a star.
In an oven preheated to 180 deg C, bake the tarts for 30-35 minutes. Cool and transfer to a wire rack. Dust with caster sugar and serve.